You dream big when you enter the casino and go crazy when you hear the tinkling and the jangly music, the whir of spinning reels accompanied by loud beeps, lightning, and chimes. Someone ought there playing on a pokies machine has become a millionaire. How to know if Pokies Machine is About to Pay a Big Jackpot?
So you also move forward and look for a pokies game to enjoy. You spin the reels for quite some time. You wager $1 for a single spin and you hit a winning combination and win $5. Now you also are rewarded with flashing animations and celebratory winning jingles made to give you a sense of accomplishment.
But after a few more spins, you begin to lose. You pump more money into the machine but nothing works and you lose a big sum instead of winning huge.
It seems that you are desperate to ask how to know when a pokies machine is about to pay a big jackpot and make you a millionaire.
Before you know the answer to this question you should understand a few things about pokies machines.
Pokies machines are based on RNG system
Pokies are powered by Random Number Generators (RNG), meaning there is no pattern that can be used or taken advantage of. Simply put, a random number generator is a highly complex software program that randomizes all outcomes to ensure that every spin generates a result that is independent of the previous spin in every way. Simulating randomness in a man-made creation may appear to be an insuperable challenge, but the world’s leading software providers and gaming developers have perfected this.
So as results are random there is no way to tell when a machine is going to pay off. There is nothing you can do, no strategy you can follow that will force the random number generator to produce a jackpot number.
Tricky it seems. No, there are but a few hacks to follow which can make the pokies game you play pay the jackpot.
How to Tell if a Pokies Machine is About to Pay a Big Jackpot?
1. Choose the right pokies machine
So which pokies machine have you thought to choose? Mega Fortune Dreams, Mega Moolah, or just any random pokies game. Know that once a player has won the progressive jackpot on a given pokies machine, the value is re-set to a set minimum level and the process begins again.
This means suppose player ‘A’ has won a $1,000,000 jackpot, the value could be reset to $500,000 and any following wagers placed will contribute to the pot from then on. Remember but that it’s extremely unlikely although not impossible, for anyone to hit the jackpot straight away, so if you want to know how to hit a jackpot at a casino, avoid ones where it’s recently been hit. There are many online sites that tell you when a particular jackpot pokies machine has been hit.
2. Know the break -even point and the game house edge
As more players play again the same pokies machine the jackpot level rises and comes to a point known as break-even, where the value of the jackpot makes it worth playing. Also, the potential return of hitting the jackpot outweighs the risk to your bankroll of not hitting it.
Just remember that everyone playing the game above the break-even point will have the same improved odds, and as many players will be playing with the same strategy of waiting until this point has been reached, competition will get ever fiercer as the jackpot rises.
This doesn’t change the fact that playing progressive jackpot pokiess beyond the break-even point is pretty much the only way of overcoming the House Edge, which is the profit each and every casino needs to make to stay in business.
The house edge on a typical casino game is 2 – 3%, meaning that for every $100 wagered, the casino will earn $2 – 3 in profit, which pays for their software, their employees, licensing, etc. Most games have a steady house edge, including the majority of pokies games, but progressive jackpot pokiess above the break-even are a very rare exception, so if you are looking to make yourself a millionaire then, this could well be the way to go.
3. Play with bonuses
Almost all of the online casinos (if you are playing pokies at online casinos with your cell phone or PC) offer you great bonuses. Using these offers is another recognized way to improve your odds of winning a pokies machine or hitting the jackpot. You must have seen that online casinos will welcome new players with bonus money on first deposit, and the fact that you are playing with funds supplied by the casino dramatically reduces the amount of your own cash that you need to use for a set number of plays on a pokies machine.
These days online casinos have exclusive pokies machines bonuses in the form of coupon codes or even free spins bonuses that if you combine with knowledge and take advantage of can give you a chance to hit a jackpot.
4. Study the RTP of the game
Pokies’ odds vary depending on the machine being played, but generally; the Return To Player (RTP) of a game will be in the 95 – 97% range in jackpot pokies; so the average amount players will win is $95 – 97 for every $100 staked. This, of course; changes dramatically once the break-even is reached, and if you win the jackpot your RTP is many 1000%.
Also, your payout is always less than your odds of winning in a pokies game; and that every time you spin the reels a random outcome will result. This is really no different from the outcome in a blackjack game, a roulette game, a video poker game, a craps shoot, or a game of keno. The fact of the matter is that pokies games, like all other casino games, are designed to give the casino an edge in the long term, but in the short-term incredible things can happen for players.
If you look at RTP you will always notice that the percentage is less than 100% on the vast majority of casino games. It is because any number greater than 100% would guarantee that casinos would lose money and this would be the end of the casino’s industry. Therefore, your objective as a pokies machine player is to seek games with RTP figures that are as close to 100% as possible.
Finally few Tips to tell that a Pokies Machines is About to Payout or not
- When visiting a real land casino; if you come across a particular pokies machine hovered around by many players but has yet to payout; then this is an indication that it should be getting close to paying out some nice wins soon. If this is the case; then you want to be the next person to play on that machine; when the person playing it steps away from it.
- If you are playing at an online casino; then you need to keep yourself updated from casino reviews or online forums; where you get information and let you know about recent big wins. If a pokies machine has just paid out a large jackpot; then you should give it some time before playing it.
- Also avoid playing for long hours on any pokies machine; though you may be winning few bucks; as this gives you a false sense that the machine is about to payout. Let other players play the game and you come into action when the pokies is due.
- Do not play those pokies machines which are not popular or are least played. It is the more popular games that have a better chance paying you out.
- Try to play progressive pokies games as they have great features, bonus rounds and free spins. These games may cost you more to play (stick to your limit) but they also pay out more. You might be now thinking as when a particular machine will hit the jackpot. It depends on how many players have played on it; and how big the jackpot size of that particular game is. Some games offer only few thousand dollars of progressive jackpot prize; or so can pay out, as an average, weekly or more; but pokiess such as Mega Moolah and Mega Fortune; where jackpots can be $5 – $10 million or more will be hit once or twice a year.
Now grab a pokies machine at the right moment; when it is about to pay the big jackpot and you can certainly be a winner too.