If you own an iPhone or iPad or any of other Apple products like Apple watch or Mac PC then you must have known about Apple Pay. Those who do not have any of the Apple products but have Android mobile or tablets should know that Apple Pay is actually a payment method available for Apple users. Like Samsung Pay, Apple Pay allows you to pay for goods that you purchase with your device. Also, many online casinos allow players to make a deposit with Apple Pay casino to play real money pokies, live casinos, or table games.
This means that when you join any Apple Pay online casino with your iPhone or iPad you can simply use Apple Pay to make a deposit with just the touch of your device like you would pay for any other goods or services. It’s no different from using your iPhone when paying for your shopping online, the process is exactly the same.
How to get started with Apple Pay?
First of all, you need to make sure that Apple Pay is compatible with your device. The following Apple products work with Apple Pay:
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
- iPad Pro (9.7-inch)
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini 3
- Apple Watch Series 2
- Apple Watch Series 1
- Apple Watch (1st generation)
- MacBook Pro with Touch ID
- A Mac model introduced in 2012 or later with an Apple Pay-enabled iPhone or Apple Watch
How to add cards
You add up to 8 different cards on your chosen device. Each device has a slightly different way to set up payment
- To Add a card on your iPhone, iPad and Mac go to your Wallet and hit the Add Credit or Debit Card button.
- There will then be a number of steps for you to follow to add a new card. If you’re using the card that you use for iTunes then you’ll only need to enter its security code.
- After you’ve clicked ‘next’ you’re bank or card issuer will need to verify your information to decide if you can use the card for Apple Pay. Some card issuers may need you to provide some more information, which can should provide at the time of setting it up.
After following the steps in your wallet you should be all set to now use that card for Apple Pay.
If you’re using a Mac then the initial steps are slightly different, as you’ll need to start by going to System Preferences > Wallet & Apple Pay. Then simply follow the instructions on the screen.
Steps to use that card for Apple Pay
- After you have set up Apple pay, join any of the Apple Pay online casinos and register yourself as a new player.
- Now head over to the banking section of the site to make an initial deposit to play real money pokies
- Here you will see a number of depositing options, one of which all be ‘Apple Pay’.
- Simply select this option and then decide how much you wish to deposit.
- You will then need to use your touch id on your iPhone to approve the payment and then its all done.
- The card takes the amount you deposit to setup in your devices wallet.
- Now you can see your fund on the casino account and you are ready to play pokies of your choice.
Do Online Casinos Accept Apple Pay? Advantages of Apple Pay Casinos
Apple pay casinos are incredibly safe as Apple uses a ‘two-factor authentication process via the touch facility or passcode. That is to say, your card provider already has the first layer of protection. The two-factor element comes into force by the fact that the owner of the device will need to provide a finger id or a passcode. This in turn makes it an exceptionally safe way to make a deposit at a casino.
Note that the service uses the EMV Payment Tokenisation Specification. This means is that your card details are actually kept private from the casino. This is because ‘Payment Tokenisation’ replaces the card number with a dynamic security code that you get for each transaction, meaning no two transactions generate the same number.
Apple pay is all free as there is no charge involved with making a deposit with Apple Pay and has higher deposit limits. The daily limits are also not set by the casino, but by your card issuer. So if you have a higher limit on your card then you will be able to make larger deposits.
The only drawback to the payment method is that withdrawals cannot be made this way. Also, Apple pay online casinos are few and for Aussie punters, it becomes a bit difficult to find one which is legit to play from home country. In Las Vegas, few casinos have started accepting Apple Pay deposits like the Cosmopolitan casino and resort.
The Australian Banks that Support Apple Pay
There are dozens of banks and credit unions that support Apple Pay. The full list of supported banks at the time of writing were American Express, ANZ (Mastercard credit cards, Visa credit and debit cards), Australian Unity, Bank Australia, Bank of Sydney, Bendigo Bank, Beyond Bank Australia, Big Sky Building Society Ltd, Border Bank, CAPE Credit Union Ltd., Catalyst Money, Central Coast Credit Union, Central Murray Credit Union Ltd., Central West Credit Union Ltd., Citi Australia, Community Alliance Credit Union Ltd, Community First Credit Union Ltd., Credit Union SA Ltd., CUA, Defence Bank, Endeavour Mutual Bank,
Some other Banks
Firefighters Mutual Bank, First Option Credit Union, Ford Credit Union, Goldfields Money Ltd., Goulburn Murray Credit Union, Holiday Coast Credit Union Ltd., Horizon Credit Union, HSBC, ING, Intech Credit Union Ltd., Laboratories Credit Union Ltd., Latitude Financial Services, Lombard Finance, Macquarie, MyState Bank Ltd., Nexus Mutual, Northern Beaches Credit Union, Northern Inland Credit Union, Once Credit, P&N Bank, People’s Choice Credit Union, Police Bank, Police Credit Union Ltd., RACQ, South West Slopes Credit Union, Suncorp, Sydney Credit Union Ltd., Teachers Mutual Bank, The Mac, The Rock Credit Union, UniBank, Unity Bank Ltd., Warwick Credit Union Ltd., WAW Credit Union and Woolworths Employees’ Credit Union.